TeamPage Attivio® Search Module
The TeamPage Attivio Search Module is unique in its ability to provided "better-than-the-web" search results over the Traction TeamPage corpus.
The features include:
- Adds Page Rank sorting to Newest First and Oldest First sort options.
Rank order is determined by linguistic and link analysis, and is also influenced by number of labels and comments on any page.
- Adds up-to-date, permission-filtered search support for over 370 document formats which may be attached to articles, comments or stored in project share folders.
- Includes results for similar words (stemming).
A search for the word Companies may provide results for the word Company.
- Extracts and ranks relevant keywords (linguistically determined nouns or noun phrases) and entities.
Entities also include implicit (dynamically derived from text) including keywords, companies, person names, locations, and e-mail addresses.
- Custom entities can be made as well, so you can create an entity to expose product names, customer names, or regular expression based entities based on product SKUs, Invoice numbers, or other codes.
- Provides multi-term selection and drill-down navigation, including AND, OR and NOT expressions, enabling users to quickly understand their search set and narrow tens or hundreds of thousands of results to just a few that are highly relevant using keywords, entities, and other Traction supplied meta data such as Projects, Labels and Authors.
- Adds a Find Similar button to pages, comments and search results to make it simple to find related content based on a "document vector analysis" of the selected page.
- Adds search filter by content types including pages, comments, emails and files.
- Provides notification for any query via RSS or Atom.
As with any search engine, start by searching for one or more terms.
You can see that there are, overall, 86 hits.
Next to each result is a Similar Results link which will execute a new search based on the document vector for the given article, comment or file.
In the left column, you can see result counts (or Rank Relevance score) for extracted entities including Keywords, Project Space, Tags, Authors and People (names mentioned).
Tag Clouds and Social Tagging
You can use labels for categorization and for social tagging.
The same "cloud" model applies to all the entity navigators and is described more fully below.
Drill Down Navigation
When you click on any of the navigator headings in the Narrow Results column, you see the top 99 results in each.
Select one or more from each group.
Click on the image fragment above to see the full screen shot.
Finally, the user chooses to match Any (an OR expression) rather than All (an AND expression) or None (a NOT expression).
Having chosen several filter options, the search is narrowed to 15 results and all the Navigators are updated based on the content of the new result set.
Permission Filtered Entities and Results
All drill down navigation as well as content search is automatically permission filtered.
Expertise Identification & Social Networking
For any given search result, you can easily see the top 100 authors referring to the search terms and the top 100 person names which exist within the text of the pages, comments and documents in the search result.
Authors are easy to find and contact as you can just click on their user name to open their User Profile page which shows their most recent contributions and, if available, contact information.
Notification via RSS and ATOM
Every search result from the Attivio Search Module will display a link to the RSS or Atom based XML feed for that search.