Alcoa Tackles IT Projects and Compliance
The IT division of Alcoa Fastening Systems used Traction® TeamPage to reduce time spent on compliance activities by 61% and reduce time to deploy IT systems from sixteen months to seven.
Alcoa's TeamPage results are documented in the Deloitte report on Social Software and Business Performance and blog posts by Alcoa employees.
From the Deloitte report
"The paper highlights the experience of one early adopter, Alcoa Fastening Systems, which has significantly improved employee productivity -- achieving a 61 percent reduction in time required for compliance activities -- by leveraging [Traction TeamPage ] social software tools." Deloitte report
- “Traction Software is the place where informal work gets done.”
- “With Traction Software I can post meeting notes and assign action items to individuals. Then, they can go into the tool and write comments to update the group on the status of their action items as well as post deliverables. It greatly increases transparency and streamlines communications.”
- “What sold me on Traction Software is I realized how it can help me do my job better. Traction helps me get work done faster and allows me to communicate more effectively with my colleagues.”
- “With Traction, people take ownership for their area of expertise on the tool. They provide help to other projects if they have the knowledge needed to contribute.”
- “With Traction, people are pulled in to solve problems based on their expertise on short notice. Before Traction, we simply weren’t able to do this.”
- “Traction has increased transparency around resource allocation and made it easier for managers to find the expertise they need quickly.”
From Brian Tullis, Next Things Next blog posts
"What was our goal? We went from request to live in seven months. A team of techs from the US supported a travel team of analysts. We accomplished a task that normally requires at least 2x the time and many more resources. We did it on time and under budget. The stars lined up for us on this project, but our map was in Traction." Brian Tullis, Enterprise 2.0 and Observable Work: Recap and Speakers Notes
"By consolidating this work in an enterprise social software platform, we eliminated 61% of the work required to maintain documentation, do tests, and inefficient waste time spent searching for information across 7 locations. 61% equates to almost two full time resources." Brian Tullis, Social Software for Business Performance - Some Perspective
See TeamPage Solutions: Quality Management
and TeamPage Solutions: Project Management
Alcoa Fastening Systems: What were you doing at 7:15AM Saturday July 2, 2011? Joe Crumpler was working.
Alcoa Fastening Systems: Forrester Groundswell Award Nomination
Enterprise 2.0 and Observable Work: Brian Tullis and Joe Crumpler, Burton Group Catalyst 2010 Santa Diego