Page and Comment Moderation
The Traction TeamPage moderation model allows for collaborative or formally controlled approval of page edits and comments, as well as new content.
Per space permissions grant rights to read, edit, reject or publish drafts to any individual or group.
Permissions for Publishing, Editing and Reading drafts - Locking Too
The spirit of Wiki is for open contribution, but even the public Wikipedia limits editing of some pages.
Traction's permissions provide the flexibility to supporting whatever moderation model you want to use.
- Author or Comment: Controls who can create new articles or comments within a space
- Edit: Permission to edit any article or comment
- Edit Own: Permission to edit only those articles or comments you created
- Read Published: Permission to read published content
- Read Draft: Permission to read draft content
- Read Edit History: Permission to see edit history (includes draft edits if you have Read Draft)
- Publish: Controls who can publish draft content within a space
- Publish Own: Permission to publish only those articles or comments you created
- Lock and Unlock: Permission to lock and unlock, or edit locked content
Moderating Draft Articles and Comments
Users who have Publish or Publish Own permission can publish every edit with one click.
Users with Publish permission can click one button to publish any draft content as they read, or browse through an automatically maintained chronology view of Drafts pending approval.
When in Draft Mode, titles of Draft articles and comments are shown in Grey, and you can easily flip between the current Published version, current Draft version and Edit History.
In the example below, there are simple controls to Publish or Reject a Draft version.
Moderation History and Edit History
Curious about how this article has evolved over time? If you are interested and have permission to read the history, you can easily dive into the details.
- Edit History: Version 94 is currently Published and all other versions are marked as Draft
- Name History: The Page Names "Health Policy" and "Health Care Policy" have been added to the Draft version of the article.
- Moderation History: Version 95 was the first Published version, but it was later Unpublished and the Previous Version 94 was Published
- Label History: The original version of the article was tagged "Policy" and then it was tagged "Health" a few days later.
From this History view you can look at specific versions and you can then Publish, Unpublish or Reject that version.
If you want to see a combined view of the history (including other types of Audit Trail information), you can click on the Show Reference Map link to learn more about how this article and the context around it has evolved.
"Latest Stable" and Work in Progress Views
Traction Release 4.
This makes it simple for people with Draft permission to work collaboratively on new versions of content across one or many spaces without disturbing people who prefer (or are limited to) the latest stable version of content.
For example, during the often-knotty process of refactoring a wiki - which may require performing a set of related edits over many pages - authors can collaborate on changes for days or longer without disturbing the "latest stable" view of the wiki.
The moderation model is seamlessly combined with the TeamPage 4.
Access to the moderation history is also controlled by the per space permissions granted to individuals or groups.
Space Newspage View - Draft vs.
See below for sample screenshots of a HR Project Newspage in Draft and Published Modes.
Draft Mode -
Grey titles indicate draft content
Published Mode -
Grey titles disappear or revert to brown, if there is a Published version.
Search Results View - Drafts vs.
Search results (TeamPage Attivio style results shown here) also can present Draft content, Published content - or both.
Managing and Monitoring Your Draft Moderation and Publishing Activity
Page Sections help you manage and display information and meet a variety of use case needs.
- Recently Published
- Recently Unpublished
- Recently Rejected
- Recently Locked
- Recently Unlocked
You can also filter other sections by whether articles or comments are in Draft, Published, Rejected, Locked and Unlocked state.